Follow us on our Malay and English WhatsApp, Telegram, Instagram, Tiktok and Youtube channels.
In the Lina Joy decision, the express provisions of the Federal Constitution were made to give way to an interpretation of some form of implied jurisdiction of the sharia courts, observes Ambiga Sreenevasan.
For the full article, click here.
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support our work by making a donation
. Tap to download the QR code
below and scan this QR code from Gallery
by using TnG e-wallet or most banking apps: