Follow us on our Malay and English WhatsApp, Telegram, Instagram, Tiktok and Youtube channels.
Aliran has just launched an online petition calling on the people of Malaysia to stand up and speak out to protect our fledgling democracy.
The petition was launched after the authorities hauled up a string of civil society activists, opposition MPs and political activists, unionists, editors and journalists for investigations under various oppressive laws.
The petition contains the following demands:
- drop all investigations and charges against critical voices in society
- immediately repeal all repressive laws in the country
- ensure Parliament provides effective checks and balances on the executive
- recognise the role of civil society and free media in a democracy
- widen rather than restrict our democratic space
The petition can be found here
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support our work by making a donation
. Tap to download the QR code
below and scan this QR code from Gallery
by using TnG e-wallet or most banking apps: