Given the recent brouhaha over awarding prizes for essays targeting political opponents, Wishful Accountant comes up with some ideas for budding writers to explore.
This led to another contest and prize money as reported here.
I wish to jump headlong into this essay mania and propose the following topics so that we all can make some money and research ‘facts’ and not untruths as championed in line with the objectives of the MCMC’s Sebenarnya website.
Maybe various public personalities with money to burn will consider sponsoring any or all of these topics:
- What happened to Felda Global Ventures? When the initial public offering was done it was the darling of the stock market at RM5.30 but alas, it is now languishing at RM2.04. What has happened to the billions from the IPO proceeds?
- Why did Sirul kill Altantuya?
- What happened to all the Petronas dividends/income during all its sunshine years – seeing that we don’t have a Norwegian-style fund to show for after all the good years?
- Where is the 1998 Kuala Lumpur Commonwealth Games financial report?
- What was the outcome of the controversy and allegations surrounding the Mara asset deals in Melbourne?
- Did Tabung Haji manage to sell the land they bought from IMDB at a profit, as promised by its chairman?
- How did a government ministry welfare arm get the contract to manage Kuala Lumpur City Hall’s parking collection?
- What is the real reason that the Malacca state-level DAP folk resigned from the party?
- What is the real reason for the U-turn and withdrawal of government support for Pas preident Hadi’s Awang RU355 after so many months of suspense and even after the deputy prime minister had announced that it would be presented as a government bill.
- Who framed Roger Rabbit?
Wishful Accountant, who practises his trade, is a keen customer services and rights champion who spends his own time and resources chasing banks, utility providers, highway concessionaires and local councils on various public interest issues. Occasionally, he feels compelled to comment on political and social issues.