Many people would have joyfully wished veteran opposition politician Lim Kit Siang on his 82nd birthday on 20 February.
An exemplary politician, Kit, as he is fondly known, has fought the tides and still stands tall in the face of his adversaries.
He is a politician who was not afraid to be imprisoned, as long as he could stand up and fight against corruption and injustice.
He did not believe in chasing after titles and decorations for personal glory. He was always humbly clothed in a simple white shirt.
Whatever his enemies may say about him, he will always be remembered for his battles, his sacrifices and his principled convictions.
- Sign up for Aliran's free daily email updates or weekly newsletters or both
- Make a one-off donation to Persatuan Aliran Kesedaran Negara, CIMB a/c 8004240948
- Make a pledge or schedule an auto donation to Aliran every month or every quarter
- Become an Aliran member
Kit, may you always enjoy blessings and the prayers of many people in Malaysia and around the globe. You have contributed to and continue to struggle for a better Malaysia for all.
Albert Einstein ‘s quote would be appropriate as a birthday tribute: “It is the duty of every citizen according to his best capacities to give validity to his convictions in political affairs.”
In this, you have done extremely well.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
LKS is a true Malaysian patriot by any measure. Belated Happy Birthday LKS. You have done a yeoman’s service to the country.