What hope do we have of bringing Jho Low back to Malaysia when Zakir Naik is safely ensconced here, wonders JD Lovrenciear.
As a senior citizen, I echo the kopitiam talk being shared by many citizens.
It was over the news that wanted Malaysian businessman Low Taek Jho was in Cyprus or somewhere in the Middle-East. [And now an Asia Times report claims the fugitive has just been to India for a few days.]
Inspector General of Police Hamid Bador had earlier been reported as saying: “It is irresponsible for a certain country to continue to protect (the) fugitive.
“We have requested the country concerned to extradite the businessman, but it seems that he is enjoying immunity from any action from the authorities in that country.”
- Sign up for Aliran's free daily email updates or weekly newsletters or both
- Make a one-off donation to Persatuan Aliran Kesedaran Negara, CIMB a/c 8004240948
- Make a pledge or schedule an auto donation to Aliran every month or every quarter
- Become an Aliran member
So on that same note, Malaysians are asking what about Zakir Naik – a fugitive as far as his motherland, India, goes – but enjoying celebrated freedom here in Malaysia.
In all likelihood, wouldn’t India be saying exactly the same thing in response to Malaysia’s claims justifying why Zakir Naik is being taken care of here?
Social media is abuzz with an avalanche of comments expressing a similar train of thought.
What do our political leaders have to say?
If kleptocracy has not shamed us enough, here we go again with yet another paradox that tears away at our dignity and honour.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Looks like Malaysia’s Dignity & Honor is already washing down the drain in the international arena. Current Government keeps on talking about 1MDB, Corruption, Law, Integrity, Transparency….bla…bla..bla…
Zero talks or gathering on Malaysia for Malaysians, Racial Harmony, Unity.
Malaysia is gone back to the era of the 90s. Same old talk, talk & talk……
Jho will change his name to Chandran, get PR status and live lavishly in India. Lololol