Recently, Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim announced that the government will be slashing constituency development funds from RM3.8m per constituency to RM1.3m.
Anwar said the move is meant to better control the country’s finances and will be implemented in stages.
But is this a good move? BFM speaks to political scientist Dr Bridget Welsh.
Produced and presented by: Dashran Yohan
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support our work by making a donation. Tap to download the QR code below and scan this QR code from Gallery by using TnG e-wallet or most banking apps: