“Malu apa, bossku?” (What’s there to be ashamed of, Boss?) In 2019 Najib Razak rebuilt his tattered political reputation with this deceptively simple three-word catchphrase. Why did it work?
Astro Awani’s Melisa Idris speaks to researcher Dr Benjamin Loh, a senior lecturer at the School of Media and Communications of Taylor’s University. He is the lead author of a recently published journal article titled: ‘Shame and Shamelessness: Changing Discourses in Najib Razak’s Social Media Campaign’.
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support our work by making a donation. Tap to download the QR code below and scan this QR code from Gallery by using TnG e-wallet or most banking apps: