The national action plan on forced labour aims to eliminate the practice by 2030.
Astro Awani’s Melisa Idris asks North-South Initiative executive director Adrian Pereira and Iseas-Yusof Ishak Institute senior fellow Lee Hwok Aun how to reset a labour migration system which has for decades permitted forced labour practices to become entrenched.
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support our work by making a donation. Tap to download the QR code below and scan this QR code from Gallery by using TnG e-wallet or most banking apps: