Follow us on our Malay and English WhatsApp, Telegram, Instagram, Tiktok and Youtube channels.
A leading bookstore in Kuala Lumpur has stopped selling a book written by Farish Noor, pending an investigation by the Home Ministry. The entire stock of the book, From Majapahit to Putrajaya, was confiscated from Kinokuniya’s KLCC outlet on 15 Aug 2008 by officers from the ministry’s Selangor office in a regular annual inspection. Other book titles, mostly on religion, were also seized. The Nut Graph has the report.
For the full report, click here.
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support our work by making a donation
. Tap to download the QR code
below and scan this QR code from Gallery
by using TnG e-wallet or most banking apps: