The cabinet has agreed to amend the Federal Constitution to allow children born abroad to Malaysian mothers to gain automatic Malaysian citizenship.
BFM talks to Suriani Kempe, president of Family Frontiers, about the next legal hurdles to overcome and why this change in law was much needed.
Produced by: Wong Shou Ning
Presented by: Wong Shou Ning, Philip See and Chong Tjen San
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support our work by making a donation. Tap to download the QR code below and scan this QR code from Gallery by using TnG e-wallet or most banking apps: