Will a list of priorities for good governance stop voters from being swayed by appeals to race, religion and populist measures?
Astro Awani’s Melisa Idris and Sharaad Kuttan talk to Aliran president Anil Netto, Save Rivers co-founder and chairman Peter Kallang and Pacos Trust executive director Anne Lasimbang about the People’s Agenda.
The five key points in the People’s Agenda:
- Uphold the dignity and quality of life of the people
- Promote equitable, sustainable development and address the climate crisis
- Celebrate diversity and inclusivity
- Save democracy and uphold the rule of law
- Fight corruption and cronyism
Check out the full People’s Agenda, which has been endorsed by over 50 civil society organisations.
If you belong to an NGO, and your NGO would like to endorse the People’s Agenda, please fill up this form to endorse.
- Sign up for Aliran's free daily email updates or weekly newsletters or both
- Make a one-off donation to Persatuan Aliran Kesedaran Negara, CIMB a/c 8004240948
- Make a pledge or schedule an auto donation to Aliran every month or every quarter
- Become an Aliran member
Share with us what you think about this agenda. Do you think it is possible to get the politicians to address these issues in their campaigning?