Fulcrum managing editor William Choong talks to Francis Hutchinson and Lee Hwok Aun about the implications of the jailing of former Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak.
Dr Hutchinson and Dr Lee are the coordinator and co-coordinator of Iseas’ Malaysia studies programme respectively.
For quick reference, the themes below were addressed during the podcast:
- 01:25 – Immediate political impacts of Najib serving his jail term
- 17:00 – Najib’s ability to refashion his political image and the state of Malaysian politics
- 21:00 – Umno’s prospects going into the next general election
- 25:00 – The impact of the littoral combat ships scandal on Umno
- 29:18 – Pakatan Harapan’s priorities going into the general election
Dialogues at Fulcrum is a podcast published by the Iseas – Yusof Ishak Institute.