Two weeks into Israel’s war on Gaza, what the world is witnessing – from Israeli leaders’ racist and genocidal rhetoric to the mass killing of Palestinian civilians – bears the hallmarks of a historic crime. This video looks at how the media are responding – in Israel and beyond.
- Neve Gordon, professor of international law and human rights, Queen Mary University
- Tariq Kenney-Shawa, US policy fellow, Al-Shabaka
- Antony Loewenstein, author of books such as The Palestine Laboratory,
- Yousef Munayyer, a senior fellow at the Arab Center Washington, DC
- Sherine Tadros, deputy director of advocacy and UN representative, Amnesty International
From disinformation to ‘shadow banning’: Marwa Fatafta on the digital front line
With journalists locked out of the Gaza Strip, social platforms have become a vital means of finding and sharing information as well as another front in the propaganda war. Marwa Fatafta, a Palestinian digital rights analyst, talks us through the online dimension of this conflict – including disinformation, hate speech and the censorship of Palestinian voices.
Contributor: Marwa Fatafta, Mena policy manager, Access Now
- Sign up for Aliran's free daily email updates or weekly newsletters or both
- Make a one-off donation to Persatuan Aliran Kesedaran Negara, CIMB a/c 8004240948
- Make a pledge or schedule an auto donation to Aliran every month or every quarter
- Become an Aliran member
Produced by Al Jazeera