Follow us on our Malay and English WhatsApp, Telegram, Instagram, Tiktok and Youtube channels.
The Pardons Board has reduced the jail time of former prime minister Najib Razak from 12 years to six and his fine from RM210m to RM50m.
What implications might this decision have? Melisa Idris speaks to political analyst Prof Wong Chin Huat, political risk consultant Arinah Najwa Ahmad Said and lawyer New Sin Yew.
Produced by Astro Awani
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support our work by making a donation
. Tap to download the QR code
below and scan this QR code from Gallery
by using TnG e-wallet or most banking apps: