Last Saturday, two reporters were allegedly harassed by a security guard at the Pudu UTC Immigration Department while attempting to cover a story on passport renewals.
As a result, several groups have called for protection for journalists and reporters.
BFM discusses the incident with Wathshlah Naidu, executive director of the Centre For Independent Journalism (CIJ) and looks at what is needed to create a safer environment for members of the media.
Produced by: Natasha Fusil
Presented by: Sharmilla Ganesan
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support our work by making a donation. Tap to download the QR code below and scan this QR code from Gallery by using TnG e-wallet or most banking apps: