A law to curb party defections or a recall election law? Which is better in deterring party defections? What are the pros and cons of both?
As the Memorandum of Understanding signed between the government and Pakatan Harapan includes the agreement to adopt an anti-defections or related law, and the attorney general has been instructed to prepare a bill, it is essential to have a better understanding of both laws.
The speakers explore the best viable alternatives.
- Azalina Othman Said, Pengerang MP
- Madius Tangau, Tuaran MP
- Sim Tze Tzin, Bayan Baru MP
- Prof Wong Chin Huat, political scientist
Moderator: Dr Abdul Halim Yusof, deputy chairperson, Bersih 2.0
- Sign up for Aliran's free daily email updates or weekly newsletters or both
- Make a one-off donation to Persatuan Aliran Kesedaran Negara, CIMB a/c 8004240948
- Make a pledge or schedule an auto donation to Aliran every month or every quarter
- Become an Aliran member