Follow us on our Malay and English WhatsApp, Telegram, Instagram, Tiktok and Youtube channels.
The Yang di-Pertuan Agong has once again called for Parliament to reconvene before 1 August, without waiting for the state of emergency to end, in a press statement.
BFM speaks to Lim Wei Jiet, a constitutional lawyer, to look at what this latest development might mean for the country.
Produced by: Tasha Fusil, Kelvin Yee and Alia Zefri
Presented by: Lee Chwi Lynn and Sharmilla Ganesan
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support our work by making a donation
. Tap to download the QR code
below and scan this QR code from Gallery
by using TnG e-wallet or most banking apps: