For activist Haris Ibrahim, the toppling of the Umno-BN government in May 2018 was the fulfilment of a lifetime’s ambition to see a less corrupt and racist administration.
However, it wasn’t long before the miracle win started to turn sour.
Haris Ibrahim says the best way to have ensured that Pakatan Harapan could win the next general election would have been to deliver reforms and keep its promises after the 2018 general election.
Unfortunately, he said, Malaysia is being held back by soul-less politicians and cowardly leaders, opposition or otherwise, who are afraid to raise controversial issues, compounded by a bullied people, fearful and silenced.
“Enough of the political parties coming to us with their manifestos!” Haris adds. “Rakyat are going to take to you all a manifesto with five pillars.”
- Sign up for Aliran's free daily email updates or weekly newsletters or both
- Make a one-off donation to Persatuan Aliran Kesedaran Negara, CIMB a/c 8004240948
- Make a pledge or schedule an auto donation to Aliran every month or every quarter
- Become an Aliran member
Video produced by Kini TV
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
Why ‘We can’t build a nation on lies – Haris Ibrahim’ when it may be perceived to have worked over the past several decades?