Join us on Telegram and Instagram for the latest.
The government has agreed to a proposal by Amanat Lebuhraya Rakyat (ALR), a private “not-for-profit” company to restructure four Klang Valley highway concessionaires, which will ensure that toll rates will not rise until their concessions expire.
But is the price tag of RM5.5bn fair and who actually stands to benefit?
BFM speaks to P Gunasegaram, an independent writer and consultant, to find out more.
Produced by: Sim Wie Boon
Presented by: Wong Shou Ning, Tan Chen Li and Philip See
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support our work by making a donation
. Tap to download the QR code
below and scan this QR code from Gallery
by using TnG e-wallet or most banking apps:
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.