The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has reportedly launched an investigation against Court of Appeal judge Mohd Nazlan Mohd Ghazali.
BFM speaks to constitutional lawyers Malik Imtiaz and New Sin Yew about the allegations against Nazlan and what mechanisms there are to deal with ethics when it comes to our judiciary. They then discuss the importance of having a judicial system that is independent and trustworthy.
Produced by: Alia Zefri, Erin Kok and Lee Chwi Lynn
Presented by: Sharmilla Ganesan and Lee Chwi Lynn
The views expressed in Aliran's media statements and the NGO statements we have endorsed reflect Aliran's official stand. Views and opinions expressed in other pieces published here do not necessarily reflect Aliran's official position.
AGENDA RAKYAT - Lima perkara utama
- Tegakkan maruah serta kualiti kehidupan rakyat
- Galakkan pembangunan saksama, lestari serta tangani krisis alam sekitar
- Raikan kerencaman dan keterangkuman
- Selamatkan demokrasi dan angkatkan keluhuran undang-undang
- Lawan rasuah dan kronisme
Support our work by making a donation. Tap to download the QR code below and scan this QR code from Gallery by using TnG e-wallet or most banking apps: